Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lost Language (Edit)

Offline User:  Port 4194.34623634523 remains unreachable.  I've tried over a hundred times.  The program I developed failed to isolate the strange symbol that appears before everything goes awry.  I managed to scratch the symbol on the wall next to me with a rock.  


Offline User:  Who was that person?  If he has refuge, why haven't we been exposed to it?  Have we really been surviving for that long?  We've been exposed to the magma crystals, yet we are not Tainted.  Have we then evolved or are we a different form of the Tainted?  They are known to take our form...  


Offline User:  I have informed of my recent contact with a select few.  This sort of information was too dangerous to leak.  It almost makes our group seem unorganized, lacking.  It might cause a revolt.  

Offline User:  I mentioned that there might be a possibility for refuge elsewhere.  When I told the select few of this information, the word leaked out to the community.  It was as if everyone was given a breath of new life.  I have never seen everyone's eyes look hopeful.  A lady that I recognized as one of the chefs started crying.  I didn't mention to anyone the parts where my conversation was cut off by the Tainted.  Everyone was smiling afterwards, giving me pats on the back, being formal and referring me as Captain instead of calling me Moreaux.  I didn't know how to feel.  I didn't know what to say.


Offline User:  My mother's lifelong work, a digital database of all known and acquired texts that the community found, is stored in a metal box.  I went to the chamber safes to retrieve it.   As I unhinged the slightly rusted latches to the box, my body grew weaker.  Samuel, the gatekeeper, stood there motionless as I collapsed with the box.  Memories from my childhood tore me from within.


Offline User:  Mother, your work was extensive.  I didn't understand what you were doing before.  I didn't realize how precious those books I've played around with were.  I didn't realize how old they were.  You've kept them in a form that would outlast a lifetime. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Booting Cartridge 097234
Author: Françoise J. Moreaux
7023 092342 0291913 123415 1353354135 13511 1351551
9203914 :23421 23092341 134209235 083258101093 1095



                .-~~~~~~~~~-._       _.-~~~~~~~~~-.
            __.'              ~.   .~              `.__
          .'//                  \./                  \\`.
        .'//                     |                     \\`.
      .'// .-~"""""""~~~~-._     |     _,-~~~~"""""""~-. \\`.     
    .'//.-"                 `-.  |  .-'                 "-.\\`.
  .'//______.============-..   \ | /   ..-============.______\\`.
.'______________________________\|/______________________________`.


             Database of Lost Texts


Search:_Languages_


Loading...
Your query has found 452 matches.  Would you like to refine your search?


Search: Lost languages


Loading...
Your query has found 402 matches.  Would you like to refine your search?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Offline User:  I guess it's time for a one on one with my mother.  That symbol must be in here somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment